Patrick Russell has been admitted to The Florida Bar since 1994 and is an experienced Florida insurance lawyer. Patrick's insurance law practice began more than twenty years ago by representing homeowners and business owners for Hurricane Andrew insurance claims.
Since that time, Patrick represented both insurance companies and countless property owners for insurance claims due to storms, fire, water leaks, vandalism, accidents, and contractor negligence. Actual client cases and experiences for Patrick's work with insurance claims can be found under "Results".
Besides his substantial experience in Florida insurance law, Patrick has a diverse legal background including business law, commercial litigation, contracts, real estate, and personal injury. Patrick is most proud of his service as an ethics trial counsel for The Florida Bar, the regulatory organization that oversees ethics and professionalism for all Florida lawyers.
Currently, Patrick is dedicated to educating as many property owners as possible for how best to proceed with their Hurricane Irma insurance claims so they protect their rights and maximize their recovery. Within a few days of the storm, Patrick was volunteering with relief efforts in the lower Keys and providing information to those in need. Patrick will continue this mission so long as there is a need.
Education and Professional Membership:
• The Florida Bar
• Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Section - Florida Bar
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Civil Mediator
• WIND - Windstorm Insurance Network member
• University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL - Juris Doctor
• Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI - B.A., Cum Laude
• Founder/Director of the Making History Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving oral history interviews of Veterans
• Staff member for the University of Florida Samuel Proctor Oral History Program
• Member of the American Historical Association
• Lifetime member of the Friends and Family of the 508 Parachute Infantry Regiment
• Member of the Battle of the Bulge Association
• Past volunteer for the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for 11th Judicial Circuit
• Past volunteer for the Guardian Ad Litem Program for minor settlements